How to Resolve First Bank Dispensing Errors: Tips for Refund or Reversal
If you are a First Bank customer in Nigeria, you may have experienced dispense errors when using their POS, ATM, or mobile transfer services.
This can be frustrating, especially if you were debited without completing your transaction or your recipient was not credited.
However, there are several ways to resolve these errors and get a refund or reversal.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of resolving dispense errors for First Bank.
Causes of Dispense Errors
Before we dive into the solutions, it’s important to know the common causes of dispense errors.
These include technology glitches, network disruptions, and fraudulent internet activities.
It’s also worth noting that declined transactions are higher during peak periods, certain Central Bank monetary reforms, and policies.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed all banks to resolve intrabank dispense errors within 24 hours and interbank dispense errors within 48 hours.
If the resolution period has elapsed and you were not credited, you can lodge a complaint and follow the steps below.
How to Resolve First Bank Dispense Errors
There are three options available to resolve dispense errors with First Bank.
Option 1: Use the First Bank Dispense Error Logger
To use the First Bank Dispense Error Logger, follow these steps:
1. Visit https://firstbank.com/DispenseWeb/start.aspx
2. Complete the dispense error logger form by entering all required information.
3. Click on “view transaction.”
4. Select the failed transaction and submit.
After completing these steps, wait for the bank to review and reply to your complaint.
Option 2: Visit any First Bank Branch Near You
If visiting the bank is more convenient for you, follow these steps:
1. Visit any First Bank branch of your choice.
2. Meet with any customer care representative and request the dispense error form.
3. Fill out the form and submit it back to the customer care representative.
After completing these steps, wait for the bank to review and resolve your complaint.
Option 3: Contact First Bank Customer Care via Email, Phone, or Social Media
Depending on your preference, you can get in touch with First Bank customer care via email, phone, or social media.
You can dial the customer care number on your phone, send an email, or contact them via any of their social media platforms.
Be sure to provide the following information:
– Your account details, including account number and name.
– The product/service you are dissatisfied with.
– Any relevant information about the complaint, including copies of relevant documents.
– Transaction details, such as the amount, date of transaction, channel used, and transaction reference number.
In conclusion, dispense errors can be frustrating, but they can be resolved quickly by following the steps outlined in this article.
Whether you choose to use the First Bank Dispense Error Logger, visit a First Bank branch, or contact customer care, you can get a refund or reversal for your dispense errors.
We hope that this article has been helpful in resolving your dispense errors and clarifying any questions you may have about First Bank’s dispense error resolution process.