How To Browse Facebook For Free With Your MTN Sim Card Network
How to Browse Facebook for Free on MTN
Facebook is a popular social media platform that provides an excellent way to communicate and interact with loved ones and family members.
However, data usage can be a significant barrier to accessing the platform.
Luckily, MTN, one of the leading mobile service providers, offers free access to Facebook through the Free Basics feature.
In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to browse Facebook for free on your MTN network.
Top Mtn Tariff Plans In Nigeria
Does MTN Have Free Basics on Facebook?
Yes, MTN has Free Basics on Facebook.
This feature allows users to access Facebook without any data balance.
You can access Facebook on your mobile device, PC, or any other device that supports web browsing.
The feature comes with a daily fair usage policy, and you can enjoy all the features of Facebook, including chatting with friends and family members, updating your status, searching for friends, and browsing through the platform.
However, not all MTN SIM cards have been integrated into the system, so not everyone can enjoy the Free Basics feature.
To check if your MTN SIM card is eligible, dial *559*53# or visit www.freebasics.com to confirm.
What Can You Do with MTN Free Basics on Facebook?
With MTN Free Basics on Facebook, you can enjoy the following features:
– View and change your profile picture
– Update your Facebook status
– Comment on or write on your friends’ wall
– Search for friends on Facebook
– Add new friends
– Browse through Facebook
– Send and receive videos and pictures (only available for new Facebook account users)
– Open external links (only available for new Facebook account users)
How to Access MTN Free Basics on Facebook
To access MTN Free Basics on Facebook, follow these steps:
1. Download the Facebook Android or iOS app or log in to the free Facebook site directly at www.freebasics.com.
2. Install the app on your phone or sign up on the free Facebook site.
3. Once you have logged in, change your settings from data usage to free. You will see the “Use Facebook for free” option on the top-right part of the home screen page.
4. Start browsing Facebook for free!
MTN Internet Settings 3G and 4G MTN Configuration
How to Limit Facebook Data Usage
If you are concerned about excessive data usage while browsing Facebook, you can reduce the amount of data consumed by following these simple steps:
For Android Users:
1. Go to your data server in the settings and enable it.
This will reduce the quality or resolution of your photos and disable autoplay videos on Facebook.
2. Tap on the menu icon (the three horizontal lines) on your Facebook app.
This will take you to the settings and privacy menu.
3. In the drop-down menu, make sure the data saver slider is off.
Also, turn off data saver on your WiFi.
This will reduce the quality of photos, images, videos and automatically disable auto-play.
For iPhone Users:
1. Tap the menu icon (the three horizontal lines at the bottom right) on your Facebook app.
2. On the menu page, tap settings and privacy, and then in the resulting drop-down menu, tap settings.
3. Scroll down to the media and contacts section, and tap videos and photos.
4. Click on autoplay and choose Wi-Fi connections under your video settings.
MTN Free Basics on Facebook provides an excellent opportunity for users to browse Facebook for free.
With the features mentioned in this article, you can stay connected with your loved ones and family members without worrying about data costs.
Remember to follow the steps provided to access MTN Free Basics on Facebook and limit your data usage while browsing Facebook.