How To Check Access Bank Account Balance Via SMS
How to Check Your Access Bank Account Balance Via Sms
Are you an Access Bank account holder who wants to check your account balance from your mobile phone?
Access Bank offers several convenient ways to check your account balance using USSD codes, SMS, mobile apps, and internet banking.
In this guide, we will be treating first how to check account balance via sms before taking a look at other methods available
Access Bank Head Office Address
Enrolling for Access Bank USSD Code Service
To use Access Bank’s USSD code service, you must first register your mobile phone number with the bank.
Follow the steps below to enrol for the service:
1. Ensure that your mobile phone number is linked to your bank account number.
2. Dial the Access Bank account balance code *901# from the line linked to your bank account.
3. From the options provided, select the “register” option.
4. Key in the last four digits of your Access Bank active ATM card.
5. Create a 4-digit PIN for your USSD code service.
And that’s it! You can now enjoy the “Banking Made Easy” service.
How to Check Access Bank Account Balance Using USSD Code
To check your Access Bank account balance using USSD code, follow the steps below:
1. Dial *901*00# from the number you have linked to your Access Bank account.
2. Key in the four-digit security code with the last four digits of your BVN PIN for authentication.
3. Once your authentication is successful, your account balance will be displayed.
How to Check Access Bank Account Balance Using SMS
You can easily access your account balance using an SMS as long as you are within your provider’s network coverage.
Here is how to check your account balance on Access Bank using SMS:
1. Create an SMS in the following structure: BAL(Space)Account Number.
2. Forward the message to 08160000612.
3. You will receive an instant message with your account balance.
How to Check Access Bank Account Balance Using a Mobile App
Access Bank also offers a mobile app that enables you to check your account balance conveniently.
Before using this service, ensure you have a strong internet connection signal and have installed the Access Bank mobile app.
If you do not have the app, download it from the Google play store or Apple store for free.
Once you have the app installed, all you need to do is log in, and you will find your balance displayed on the dashboard.
How to Check Access Bank Account Balance Online
Access Bank provides internet banking services that allow you to check your account balance from anywhere in the world.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the Access Bank official website.
2. Surf through the page to the upper right corner. You will find the “Internet banking” tab.
3. Tap the tab to display two options, “Individual and Business.”
4. Tap on your option.
5. You will be redirected to another page, where you will key in your mobile banking “username.”
6. Tap on the “Continue” tab.
7. Next, provide your mobile banking “password” as required.
8. Tap on the “Log in” button.
9. You will successfully sign in to your account if your authentication is correct. Once logged in, you can browse your account to check the balance.
Common Errors When Checking Access Bank Account Balance
Using your mobile phone to check your account balance can be challenging.
You may encounter challenges that may delay your ease of accessing the service.
The common errors you may experience include:
1. Incorrect password or PIN: Choose a secure password that you will remember but is also difficult for others to guess. Ensure you double-check your password or PIN before submitting for mobile banking transactions.
2. Poor network connection: Check that you have a strong connection to the internet when attempting to check
3. Outdated Software: Using an obsolete version of your mobile banking application can also cause errors and delays.
Always ensure that you have the most recent and updated version of the Access mobile banking application.
By doing this, you can avoid errors and enjoy a smooth mobile banking experience.
4. Failed Transactions
If you attempt to check your balance from your mobile banking application and the transaction fails, there may be several reasons for this.
Double-check that you have entered the correct account information and ensure that the system has enough time to process your request.
If the problem persists, contact Access Bank customer service for help.
Protecting Yourself When Using Mobile Banking
Mobile banking is a convenient and fast way to check your account balance, transfer funds, and make payments.
However, it comes with security risks that you should be aware of to protect yourself from fraud and cyber-attacks.
Here are some best practices to follow when using mobile banking.
Choose a Strong Password
Select a strong and unique password for your mobile banking application.
Avoid using easily guessable passwords such as your name, date of birth, or simple number sequences.
A strong password is your first line of defense against unauthorized access.
Keep Your Login Details Secure
Do not share your login details, including your password or PIN, with anyone.
Do not write them down or store them on your mobile device or any other easily accessible location.
Instead, commit them to memory or use a password manager.
Use Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security that requires you to provide an additional code or password when logging in.
This ensures that even if a malicious actor gets hold of your password, they still need the additional code to access your account.
Monitor Your Account Activity
Regularly monitor your account activity to ensure that there are no unauthorized transactions.
If you notice any suspicious activity, report it to Access Bank immediately.
Mobile banking is a fast and convenient way to check your Access Bank account balance.
However, to avoid errors and delays, you need to take necessary precautions such as choosing a strong password, ensuring a stable internet connection, using updated software, and double-checking your account information.
By following these best practices, you can enjoy a smooth and secure mobile banking experience.