How to Easily Check Your First Bank Statement of Account
As a First Bank customer, it is essential to keep track of your bank account transactions.
Sometimes, customers may confuse account balance with a statement of account.
While they may seem similar, there is a significant difference between the two.
Your account balance shows the exact amount in your account at a particular time, while your statement of account shows all transactions carried out on your account over a specific period.
Fortunately, First Bank has provided various means for its customers to check their account statements at their convenience.
In this article, we will discuss two easy ways to check your First Bank statement of account.
Check Your First Bank Statement of Account with USSD Code
The USSD code service is one of the fastest ways to perform transactions on your First Bank account.
However, some customers are hesitant to use this method due to the charges involved.
When using the USSD code to check your account statement, note that the statement you receive will be a mini-statement.
Follow the simple steps below to check your First Bank statement of account using the USSD code:
1. Locate the dialer app on your phone’s home screen or app drawer.
2. Dial “*894#.”
3. Select “1” for Quick Banking when prompted.
4. Select “4” for Enquiry Service.
5. Choose “4” for a mini-statement when prompted.
6. Input your five-digit First Bank Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Note that to use this service, you must dial the code using the phone number registered with First Bank.
Check Your First Bank Statement of Account with First Mobile
First Mobile is an easy-to-use app that allows First Bank customers to access various services conveniently.
Unlike the USSD code method, the First Mobile app gives you a detailed view of your account.
However, you need a stable internet connection to use the app.
To view your statement of account on First Mobile, follow the steps below:
1. Download the First Mobile app from your phone’s app store (iOS or Android).
2. Log in to the app using your account number, ATM card details, and password.
3. Once logged in, your account balance will display on the screen, along with other transaction options.
4. Tap on your account balance to view your statement of account.
5. Set the preferred date range by clicking the calendar option at the top right corner of the screen.
Note that this transaction can only be performed on the First Mobile app with a stable internet connection.
In conclusion, checking your First Bank statement of account by yourself is an easy task.
You can use either the USSD code or First Mobile app, depending on your preference.
With these easy-to-follow steps, you can stay up-to-date on your account transactions and manage your finances efficiently.