How to Link NIN to Glo SIM
How to Connect NIN to Your Glo SIM
If you are a Glo subscriber and your SIM has been blocked due to the federal government’s directive to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number, this guide will walk you through the various methods to connect your NIN to your Glo SIM.
See: How to Link NIN to Airtel Line
Method 1: Connect NIN to Glo SIM via USSD Code
The Glo NIN or USSD code is the quickest and easiest method to link your NIN to your Glo number.
To use this method, follow these steps:
1. Dial *109# on your Glo SIM (it only works on Glo SIMs).
2. Input your 11-digit unique NIN and submit.
Glo will send you a message to confirm if the linking was successful or not.
Method 2: Connect NIN to Glo SIM via SMS
Glo has made the NIN linkage process easier for its subscribers by adding the SMS method.
To link your NIN to your Glo SIM via SMS, follow these steps:
1. Send “NIN” to 109 or “UPDATE NIN First Name and Last Name to 109.” For example, “UPDATE NIN 12345678900 John Doe” to 109.
2. Glo will send you a message to confirm if the linking was successful or not.
Alternatively, you can also connect NIN to your Glo SIM via voice call by calling 109.
Related: How to Hide Number on GLO
Method 3: Connect NIN to Glo SIM via Glo NIN Portal
If you have a smartphone with internet access, you can link your NIN to your Glo number via the Glo NIN portal. Follow these steps:
1. Open your favourite browser and visit https://mobileapp.gloworld.com/glonin/home
2. Input your name, mobile number, National Identification Number (NIN), re-enter your NIN, and your email address.
3. Tap on Submit to link your Glo SIM and NIN.
Method 4: Connect NIN to Glo SIM via NIMC: MobileID App
Lastly, you can also connect your NIN to your Glo SIM via the NIMC: MobileID app.
1. Download the “NIMC: MobileID” app from Google PlayStore or Apple Store.
2. Launch the app and input your unique 11-digit pin and mobile number. An OTP will be sent to your number; insert the OTP to proceed.
3. Create your unique 6-digit Password/PIN. Make sure to use digits that are easy to remember because you’ll be asked to input the PIN each time you need to access the app.
4. Tap on “LINK MY NUMBERS” to add and validate your Glo SIM.
Connecting your NIN to your Glo SIM is mandatory and failure to do so can result in your SIM being blocked. Fortunately, Glo has provided several methods to make the process easier for its subscribers.
Choose the method that is most convenient for you and link your NIN to your Glo number today.