HOW TO LINK NIN TO MTN LINE
The federal government of Nigeria has made the national identity number (NIN) the primary digital identity for all sectors, including telecommunications, in order to ensure the safety and security of its citizens. NIN is a special number that is compared with biometric information and other personal details on the national identity database.
Failure to link NIN to MTN SIM can result in being blocked from making calls, causing inconvenience to users. In this article, we will discuss various ways to link NIN to MTN SIM after being blocked and provide step-by-step instructions for each method.
How to Link NIN to MTN SIM Using USSD Code – After Being Blocked
The USSD code *966# is the most straightforward method to link NIN to MTN SIM after being blocked. This code is exclusive to MTN lines and allows users to link multiple phone numbers to a single NIN. To link NIN to MTN SIM using USSD code, follow these steps:
- Dial *966# on your MTN line.
- Enter your NIN when prompted.
- Submit the NIN by following the on-screen instructions.
If you encounter an error message, it may be due to a network issue, so it’s advisable to wait a few seconds and try again.
How to Check BVN Without Airtime on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile
How to Link NIN to MTN SIM Using MTN NIN Portal
MTN also provides an online portal for users to link their NIN to their SIM. To link NIN to MTN SIM using the MTN NIN Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the MTN online NIN portal.
- Fill in the required information, including your First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, National Identification Number (NIN), and Email Number.
- Submit your request by following the on-screen instructions.
Linking NIN to MTN using MyMTN App
If you prefer using a mobile app, you can link your NIN to your MTN SIM using the MyMTN App. Follow the steps below:
- Download the MyMTN App from the Google Play Store if you don’t have it on your phone.
- Sign in to the app with your phone number.
- Proceed to enter your NIN information, including your MTN number, notification email, and NIN.
- Tap the SUBMIT button to submit your request.
Linking NIN to MTN using NIMC App
If you encounter difficulties with the previous methods, you can try using the NIMC App, which allows you to link up to seven numbers to a single NIN. Follow the steps below:
- Download the “MWS: NIMC MobileID” app from the App Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device type.
- Start the application and enter your phone number and NIN.
- Your phone number will receive an OTP for verification, which is valid for a limited time.
- Enter the OTP in the app for verification.
- Once verified, enter the phone numbers you want to link to your NIN.
- Submit your request.
Other options for Linking NIN to MTN
Apart from the methods mentioned above, there are other options for linking your NIN to your MTN SIM, including visiting an MTN service centre or a NIMC enrollment centre in person. You will need to provide your NIN and your MTN phone number, and the personnel at the centre will assist you in completing the process.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you encounter any issues while linking your NIN to your MTN SIM, such as an invalid NIN, network errors, or other technical difficulties, you can try the following:
- Double-check the NIN you entered to ensure it is correct.
- Wait for a few minutes and try again, as network issues can sometimes cause delays.
- Contact MTN customer care or visit an MTN service centre for assistance.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection if using online methods.
- Ensure that the SIM card is properly inserted into your phone.
Linking your NIN to your MTN SIM is a crucial step to comply with the Nigerian government’s requirement and ensure the security of your SIM card. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily link your NIN to your MTN SIM, even if you have been blocked from making calls. It is essential to provide accurate information and follow the instructions provided to avoid any delays or issues in the process.