Shattering Hilda Baci’s Record: 10 Fascinating Details about the Kenyan Chef Who Cooked for 75 Hours
- While it took four years for Hilda Baci to smash India’s Lata Tondon’s record, it may not take that long for the Nigerian’s feat to be matched and surpassed
- This is because a renowned Kenya chef, Maliha Mohammed, who cooked for 72 hours in 2018, has her sights set on it
- Maliha is, thus, not new to attempting world records as far as cooking is concerned, as this article brings you outstanding details about her
Nigeria’s Hilda Baci’s cooking record is in danger of being broken following Kenya’s chef Maliha Mohammed’s declaration of interest to go for it in August.
The renowned chef had attempted to enter the Guinness Book of Records by going for cooking challenges but had been unsuccessful.
Here are 10 stunning facts about chef Maliha Mohammed you may not know about:
1. Chef Maliha is a 40-year-old woman who has two kids.
2. She has a passion for cooking that began at the tender age of eight. She spent holidays with her late mother, father, and grandmother, honing her culinary skills.
3. Born and raised in Mombasa’s Old Town, Maliha’s diverse background stems from her Ugandan father and Tanzanian mother.
4. Maliha’s culinary journey took a significant turn when she served as a cook in the palace of Saudi Arabian Prince Khalid Bin Mishail Al Saudh in Riyadh from 2009 to 2010, gaining invaluable experience.
5. 2014 marked a significant milestone for Maliha as she competed in the Royco Fuata Fleva contest, emerging as a semi-finalist and showcasing her exceptional talent.
6. As a self-taught cook, Maliha not only prepares delicious Swahili dishes but also shares her knowledge with newly wedded women, housemaids, and girls, empowering them in the art of cooking.
7. Demonstrating her endurance and dedication, Maliha participated in a cook-a-thon at the Technical University Of Kenya, cooking nonstop for 36 hours over a weekend in May 2019.
8. During the incredible feat, Maliha prepared an astonishing 100 meals, showcasing her remarkable skills and culinary prowess.
9. Currently, Maliha serves as a culinary arts chef at Gourmet Academy 254, where she imparts her knowledge and expertise to aspiring culinary artists.
10. Recognising her outstanding contributions to the field, Maliha was honoured with the Woman of Excellence in Tourism award by the Kenya Association of Women in Tourism (KAWT) in 2021.
Maliha’s culinary journey and facts, culled from Kenya’s Mpasho, is a testament to her passion, resilience, and dedication to the art of cooking and inspiring others to embrace the joy of preparing delicious meals.