Nigerian banks suspend international transactions on Naira visa debit cards. Hence, the need for an alternative arises. The best option is to use a virtual dollar card or domiciliary account. In this article, You will learn how to get the cheapest or free virtual dollar card you can use for international transactions here in Nigeria. For example, shopping on Alexpress, Amazon, etc.
What is Virtual Dollar Card
Virtual dollar cards are non-physical cards that enable online payments in dollars. They are very useful, as you do not need to visit a bank to get one. You can easily obtain one via an app on your smartphone. Virtual dollar cards are particularly helpful in Nigeria, where Naira-denominated physical cards often fail to work. If you are looking to get one, there are several fintech companies that offer them.
There are many benefits to using virtual dollar cards, including:
- Convenience: They are easy to use and can be loaded with funds quickly, allowing for immediate online purchases.
- Security: They have built-in fraud protection measures, making them safer to use than traditional credit cards.
Best & Cheapest Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria 2023
Here are some of the best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria for online transactions:
1.Flip by FluidCoins
Flip is a crypto-powered payment and savings app that allows you to send and receive money anytime, anywhere using just your Flip Tag or the Flip App. With Flip, you can also save and grow your wealth in Stablecoins (Crypto) and make payments to merchants via the app using its crypto-powered virtual dollar cards.
The Flip virtual USD card is currently one of the few virtual dollar cards that are working at the moment, unlike the other popular ones like Flutterwave and Eversend. It has a $1500 limit per transaction, and you can start using it by downloading the Flip App.
2. Changera by Bitmama Virtual Dollar Card
Changera is another interesting fast and secure app that lets you send money to Nigeria from anywhere in the world. The app also enables you to create virtual dollar cards in Nigeria that are available for use globally. You can fund your VDC fiat or crypto wallet.
Changera allows you to create multiple VDCs, so you can have several cards for different online activities. It is available on Android and iPhone app stores respectively.
3. Payday Virtual Card
Payday lets you send and receive money globally in seconds. It also has a virtual dollar card for buying stuff internationally online and making online payments as well. You can also open USD, GBP, and EUR accounts for free. Payday virtual cards allow you to shop anywhere Mastercards are accepted, and for now, there are no limits to the Payday VDC.
4. CashBuddy Virtual Dollar Card
CashBuddy lets you create virtual dollar cards in Nigeria that work on global platforms like Skrill, Amazon, Apple Music, Stripe, Binance, Facebook, Instagram, PayPal, Netteller, and others. The Cashbuddy app lets you pay and get paid in Africa.
Creating a CashBuddy VDC costs $3, and the transaction fee is $0. The Maximum Card Load Amount per 24 hours is $10,000, and the Maximum Card Load Amount per Month is $10,000.
5. ALAT Virtual Dollar Card
Owned by Wema Bank, ALAT was the first digital bank in Nigeria. Just like Kuda bank, ALAT allows you to operate a bank account without having to go to a bank. To get an ALAT virtual card, you need to have an ALAT account. You also get a physical debit card with ALAT.
To get an ALAT Virtual Dollar Card, follow these steps:
- Download and sign up for ALAT on its app if you haven’t already
- Sign in to ALAT on Mobile or Web.
- Navigate to the main menu and Tap on Cards
- Click on ALAT Dollar Card
- Click on Create a New Card
- Then fill in all required information to proceed and create your VDC.
6. Wallet.Africa Virtual Dollar Card
Wallet.Africa is a popular fintech platform in Nigeria that offers virtual dollar cards. With Wallet.Africa, you can create a VDC that can be used for online transactions. In addition to the virtual card, Wallet.Africa offers other features such as instant account statements and physical cards.
To get started with Wallet.Africa, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Wallet Mobile App and create an account
- Click on Cards
- Tap on Create your card
- Fund your virtual dollar card on Kuda bank.
7. Chipper Cash Visa Virtual Dollar Card
Chipper Cash is another fintech platform that offers virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. The VDC can be funded directly from the user’s Chipper wallet and is free to acquire. The card can be used for online transactions in the same way as a physical debit or credit card.
Here are the funding, spending, and withdrawal limits for the Chipper USD Virtual Dollar Card:
- Maximum Withdrawal – $1000 daily
- Minimum Withdrawal – No Limit
- Maximum Funding Limit – $1000 daily
- Minimum Funding Limit – No Limit
- Maximum Daily Spend Limit – $1000
- Maximum Monthly Spend Limit – $5000
8. Fundall Virtual Dollar Card
Fundall is another platform that offers VDCs in Nigeria. The Fundall Virtual US Dollar Card is a prepaid dollar-denominated card that allows you to make payments and shop online anywhere in the world without restrictions.
To create a Fundall Virtual Dollar Card, follow these steps:
- Download the Fundall app and sign up or sign in to your existing account
- Tap on the Spend option
- Select the Cards option
- Tap on Add new card
- Select the Virtual US Dollar Card option
- Customize your card by adding a label and your preferred billing address
- Fund your card with an amount as low as $5 by inputting the naira equivalent
- Click on ‘Fund Card’ to complete your Fundall virtual card creation process.
9. EyowoVisa Virtual Dollar Card
Eyowo is a reliable fintech platform in Nigeria that allows you to create VDCs. Eyowo also provides other services such as payments, bill payments, and cardless ATM withdrawal services.
To get started with Eyowo, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Eyowo mobile app and sign in or create an account
- Navigate to the dashboard and tap on “More”
- Tap on “Eyowo dollar cards”
- Click “Create Card”
- Fund your virtual card with as low as 1 dollar.
10. Bitsika Virtual Visa Dollar Card
Bitsika is another app that allows you to create a VDC in Nigeria. Bitsika is a platform that makes it easy to send and receive money between Ghana and Nigeria. In addition to virtual dollar cards, the platform offers other features such as buying and selling bitcoin, BUSD, and ABCD stablecoin.
To get a Bitsika virtual visa card, simply install the app on your phone.
11. SpectroCard Dollar Card
SpectroCard offers a secure platform for creating VDCs in Nigeria that can be used for international transactions. To create a SpectroCard virtual dollar card, follow these steps:
- Create an account with SpectroCard.
- Verify your account by clicking on the link sent to your email.
- Update your account information.
- Fund your SpectroCard account.
- Create your virtual dollar card.
FXKudi is another reliable platform for creating virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. With FXKudi, you can send and receive money from anywhere with no charges. To create an FXKudi virtual dollar card, follow these steps:
- Register for an FXKudi account via the official website or app.
- Verify your account via email.
- Update your account information.
- Fund your account.
- Create your FXKudi virtual dollar card.
Free Virtual Dollar Card in Nigeria 2023
13. Kuda Bank
Kuda Bank is one of the top digital banks in Nigeria that offers virtual cards for online transactions. Kuda Bank also offers physical cards that they deliver for free. To create a virtual card on Kuda Bank, follow these steps:
- Open the Kuda app.
- Tap Card on the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Request A Card.
- Tap Get A Virtual Card.
- Confirm with your Kuda transaction PIN, fingerprint, or Face ID.
Gomoney is a digital bank in Nigeria that allows you to create a virtual card for both international and local payments. With Gomoney, you can also set up recurring subscriptions like Netflix, Apple, and more. To get a Gomoney virtual card, sign up to the Gomoney app and create an account.
Carbon is a digital bank in Nigeria that provides VDCs for safe and secure online transactions. The Carbon virtual Visa card can be used at terminals, e-commerce sites, payment gateways, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and other offline channels. To get a Carbon virtual Visa card, download the Carbon app and create an account.
16. FirstBank- Debit Virtual Visa Card
FirstBank offers a Naira-denominated virtual card that is linked to your FirstBank account or wallet account. To get the FirstBank virtual card, download the FirstMobile or FirstMonie Wallet app and follow the steps to request a virtual card. The virtual card on the FirstMobile app is available for both local and international transactions, while the virtual card on the FirstMonie app is only available for local transactions.
17. GTBank – Mastercard Virtual Card for Online Shopping
GTBank offers a Naira virtual card powered by Mastercard that can be used for local and international transactions. The GTBank virtual card is designed for frequent online shoppers and can be instantly issued via the GTBank Internet Banking platform. The virtual card can also be converted to a physical debit card upon request and is valid for three years.