How to Easily Cancel Auto-Renewal on Airtel Nigeria: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you tired of your Airtel data plan auto-renewing without your consent? This can be frustrating, and it’s a problem that many Airtel subscribers have experienced. Fortunately, it’s easy to cancel auto-renewal on Airtel using one of several methods. In this article, we’ll take a look at how you can disable the auto-renewal feature and take control of your Airtel subscriptions.
How Airtel Auto-Renewal Works
Unlike other mobile networks in Nigeria, Airtel asks if you would like to enable the auto-renewal feature when you buy or subscribe to a new data plan. This is a great feature since you can choose not to enable it, but if you do, your data plan will be automatically renewed whenever it expires.
The problem arises when you don’t want to renew your plan or you want to switch to a different data plan. In this case, Airtel will keep charging you for the data plan you no longer intend to use whenever you recharge your line. The good news is that you can easily cancel auto-renewal on Airtel using the methods we’ll discuss below.
How to Cancel Airtel Auto-Renewal via SMS
Disabling the Airtel auto-renewal feature is an easy process that doesn’t require much effort. You can easily cancel auto-renewal on your Airtel line by sending an SMS.
Follow these steps to cancel auto-renewal on Airtel using SMS:
1. Navigate to your “Messages” or “SMS” application on your mobile device.
2. Send “STOP” without quotes to 141.
3. Once you have successfully completed the previous step, you will receive a confirmation message/SMS showing that you have opted out of the Airtel auto-renewal service.
How to Cancel Airtel Auto-Renewal via Twitter
If the SMS method does not work for you, you can reach out to Airtel customer agents on Twitter. Presently, Airtel Nigeria has a dedicated Twitter account for attending to its customers who might face any issues while using any of their services.
To opt out of the Airtel auto-renewal service using this method, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Twitter account on the Twitter mobile app or website. If you don’t have an account, you can create one.
2. Locate the search page and search for “@airtel_care” (without quotes) or click the link to navigate to the Airtel customer service profile on Twitter.
3. You should see the official Airtel customer care account with a verified badge. Don’t deal with any account without a verified badge. Open the handle and locate the send message icon/button.
4. Send them a direct message (DM) stating your problem and make sure you include your phone number and the data plan you want them to cancel on your Airtel line.
5. Wait for a reply from them.
6. Once they attend to you, the auto-renewal feature on your current data plan will be canceled.
How to Cancel Airtel Auto-Renewal via Airtel Customer Care
You can also contact Airtel customer care using your Airtel line. Dial “111” on your Airtel line, and ask them to disable the auto-renewal for your current data plan. Any agent assigned to you should be able to disable the auto-renewal on your Airtel line.
And that’s it. Any agent assigned to you should be able to disable the auto-renewal on your Airtel line, and after that, your airtime will not be deducted to renew a data plan you don’t use any longer whenever you recharge your line.
Also Read: How to Hide Number on Airtel
How To Stop WhatsApp Subscription Auto-Renewal On Airtel
If you have subscribed to the Airtel WhatsApp data plan and you would like to disable auto-renewal for the plan, then it’s quite easy and frankly the same process as disabling auto-renewal for all other Airtel data plans.
To disable auto-renewal on the Airtel WhatsApp subscription, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Open the “Messages” app on your smartphone.
2. Now, send “STOP” (without quotes) to 141.
3. After sending the message, you’ll receive a confirmation message that you’ve opted out of the Airtel auto-renewal service.
4. That’s it! You’ve successfully stopped auto-renewal for your Airtel WhatsApp subscription.
In conclusion, unwanted auto-renewals can be a headache for Airtel subscribers. However, the good news is that there are several ways to disable auto-renewal on your Airtel line.
In this article, we’ve highlighted three different ways to cancel auto-renewal, which includes using SMS, Twitter, and Airtel customer care. Additionally, we’ve also provided a guide on how to disable auto-renewal for your Airtel WhatsApp subscription.
Now, you can take control of your Airtel subscriptions and prevent unexpected airtime deductions whenever you recharge your Airtel line.